6.19.2009

A new beginning...

This past week has been a very trying time for Shaun and I. It all started when I began spotting Saturday night That led to being carted between nurses and doctors all week including an agonizing visit to the ER, being told not to worry because everything looks great, seeing our little baby on the ultrasound screen and seeing its little heart beating strong. The spotting turned to bleeding at this point but no one could give me answers as to why because everything on the charts looked good.

Finally, we got our answer from the doctor yesterday morning. We went to the doctor's as a follow up visit from the ER, and we were very optimistic and not expecting the worse really. But the doctor had informed us that my HCG levels were lowering and it was unlikely that this pregnancy would stick. From that point on I knew it was true.

The chain of events after hearing that news was very odd to me because it was like my Heavenly Father had warned us and prepared us of what was about to come. We had a couple of hours to cry it out and say goodbye to our little baby, and then the pain came.

Even though it was so agonizing and painful, I could feel the presence of my Heavenly Father there and I knew we were being watched over, and I felt a peace that I can't even describe. I'm thankful that we had that small window of time to say goodbye, I'm thankful for the love and support I have felt from family and friends, and I'm thankful to feel the love and support from up above.

Shaun and I have learned our lesson for next time. We're going to keep our mouths shut until after the first trimester :)

11 comments:

Renee said...

oh honey, I'm so sorry. I pray God's peace for both your hearts.

jenn said...

aw love i'm sorry to hear that. I hope all is well and you and shaun are in my prayers! love you!

Kayla said...

so sorry Cara. Don't feel bad for one moment that you told us all. It gave us a chance to celebrate your joy and now we can mourn your loss with you. We're all here to support you and our prayers are with you as well. If we didn't know we wouldnt' be able to support you. You're in our prayers and we hope you recover soon. keep us updated.

The Stanford Bunch said...

Oh, I'm sooo sorry! You are in our prayers and that's so comforting that you felt Heavenly Father near thru it. I wish you guys the best!

Pooh's Pics said...

Burt and I are so sad for you. I'm glad Heavenly Father was there to help you through. We were praying for you before and we'll keep doing it. What a blessing it was to have that little bit of warning. It helps.

Abby said...

Oh, Cara. I'm so sorry, love. I agree with Kayla..I'm glad you told us because I was so glad to join in on your happiness and I would never have wanted to miss that. I'm with you in your sorrow as I've been in your same place. Rest up, doll. <3

hillary said...

Cara-
I came across your blog from your Facebook page, and sadly, I came at a sad time. My heart goes out to you both. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Jeff said...

Dear Cara, I know how you feel because we went through the same thing. Your beautiful words really touched me because thanks to our Father in Heaven our pain is less. We love you so much and we wish you the best to both you and Shaun.

Jessica said...

im so sorry cara. that has got to be so hard. but i am glad that you have felt peace and comfort. how great it is that we can have that. keep your chin up. thinking of you.
:)

lbp said...

Kara, My heart goes out to you. I lost one in the first trimester too at 11 weeks. It is odd how you sometimes, just know it. I think sometimes we only want to share the happy times, but we need our friends the most during the trying times. Thanks for sharing all the news. -Des

Clarissa said...

Cara, I just read this part of your blog for the first time (I'm so behind in life), and even though I already knew about this, it was cool to read because it was so similar to how it went for me and how I felt. Even though I was physically alone, I was not alone at all. Don't know how else I could've survived it. We love you guys!