9.08.2009

Wish I could sew *sigh*

Hey everyone! I'm still alive! I came across these two websites that I thought I would share for all you gals that sew. They're patterns for girl dresses made out of a men's dress shirt, and they're adorable!

http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-shirt-dress.html

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0

Shaun has a few dress shirts that are never worn and when I get my hands on a sewing machine I would love to try this out! Enjoy :)

7 comments:

Renee said...

I love these ideas Cara!!! Ya know, Jenn is an AMAZING seamstress. She sewed both of my girls baptism dresses, a dress for me and countless other things I needed help with. We should snag her to teach us how to do the fancy stuff!!!

Cara said...

Yes we should! I need help making a baptism dress as well, but I want to make one using my wedding dress. I got that idea from Kayla.

Cara said...

I meant to say blessing dress, for a baby.

Clarissa said...

Cara, mom will teach you how to sew . . . well when you're up there. She used to sew a ton, but not much anymore. I love the second pattern idea. Darling! You can come use my sewing machine and I could try to help you sometime if you want. But mom is the master!

Michael Crockett said...

Hi Cara. I would be happy to donate a few dress shirts to your cause.

Jessica said...

hi! thanks so much for your sweet comment. i get my maternity jeans and motherhood maternity. they are kinda pricy but they have some really cute styles and they stay in pretty good shape. i only bought a few and wear them all the time!! very worth it! good luck with your little one the way, hope all is going well for you!:)

Leburta said...

dear Cara, do not cut up that wedding dress, it cost $600. sell it on ebay instead. Go to the fabric store and by some fabric for $3.00 a yard or I will . but do not cut up that wedding dress. Love, MOM